Merino yarn with silk
Combines with: Wabi – Sabi
1 ply wool – Single ply wool – Single end wool
It is a wool whose main quality is its lightness. This characteristic, together with the composition, makes it an ideal option for knitting spring-summer projects.
The eights, braids or cables knitted with a 1 ply yarn are soft and flat. In colourwork you will get a result where the lines between the stitches are undefined because the yarns are spread out. This contributes to the classic look of Lopi jumpers, where the colours seem to flow into each other.
One advantage of this 1 ply yarn that we really like is that the increases and decreases will not be as pronounced as in multiply yarns.
Why use wool for knitting?
We tell you its benefits:
- It warms in winter and breathes in summer.
- It manages the humidity in a natural way, it breathes (it allows your skin to breathe) and it doesn’t make you sweat unlike other natural and synthetic fibres. Therefore, you won’t sweat as much or as much and won’t get a bad smell or not as much.
- It doesn’t need to be washed often, sometimes just airing the garment will be enough, so you will save on washing which is good for your pocket and for the planet.
- It is anti-allergic and anti-dust mite (it is a natural dust mite repellent).
- It does not generate or accumulate static electricity, no more hair standing on end!
- It is fireproof, it protects you from fire.
- It is resilient, it does not deform, not even in the points that stretch the most (elbows, knees, …).
- It is resistant to acids.
In addition, and in this particular case, as it contains a percentage of silk, merino wool and silk has an extra softness for the most demanding skins, greater drape and also resistance.
READ ME. Important information:
You should be aware that hand dyeing is not like industrial dyeing. The batches are small, and the intensity and distribution of the colours may vary from one skein to another. If you need the skeins to be from the same dye lot and as similar as possible, please write this in the order notes to take this into account.
It is also important to know that the colours may look different on each screen and that the mix and distribution of colours you receive may differ from the photo because no two skeins are exactly the same.
In any case, no worries! because if when you receive the skeins they are not what you expected, we will start the return process without a problem and at no cost to you.
Hand wash in water at a temperature below 30º with a neutral soap. Dry the garment horizontally to avoid deformation.