alpaca suri with silk buy spain
Features and details:
Composition: 75% Baby Suri Alpaca and 25% Mulberry silk.
Measurements: 50 g and approximately 300 meters.
Color: shades of pink. magenta and orange. Dyed with ecological acid dyes.
Dyeing process: we dye by hand, in an artisanal way and in addition to using dyes that take care of your health, our health and the environment, we use a dyeing process that optimizes the use of water and energy.
What is Suri alpaca?
The alpacas of the suri breed , since the term alpaca is usually used without differentiating whether it is an alpaca of the wakaya or suri breed.
Unlike the Wacaya breed of alpaca, which thrives above 4,200 meters above sea level, the Suri breed is an alpaca that is bred below this altitude.
This breed is categorized as “super fine” quality alpaca, and provides, after vicuña, one of the finest and most luxurious natural fibers in the world.
Its fleece, which comes from a single coat, is straight, soft to the touch, silky, lustrous and shiny, resembling the softness of cashmere and the luster and sheen of silk.
Fiber experts agree that the fleece of the Suri alpaca is more uniform than that of the Wacaya breed.
Suri alpaca fiber has no fat or lanolin like sheep.
Sustainability: Beautiful wool…
…that take care of your health… Synthetic fibers do not allow the skin to breathe and make it irritated, and many of them are petroleum-derived products that have been dyed with dyes containing heavy metals and other toxic substances. Natural fibers, however, allow ventilation of the skin while protecting from the cold and insulating the heat.
… and the environment… Wool, silk and cotton, being natural fibers, are made with more environmentally friendly techniques. They are also 100% biodegradable yarns.
READ ME. Important information:
You should keep in mind that artisanal dyeing is not like industrial dyeing. Batches are small, and the intensity and distribution of colors may vary from one skein to another. If you need the skeins to be from the same dye lot and as similar as possible, please write this in the order notes to take this into account.
It is also important for you to know that colors may look different on each screen and that the mix and distribution of colors you receive may differ from the photo because no two skeins are exactly alike.
In any case, no worries! Because if when you receive the skeins they are not what you expected, we will start the return process without any problem and at no cost to you.
When it comes to washing delicate hand-woven garments, it is important to take extra precautions to maintain their shape and quality, especially if they are woven with hand-dyed yarns.
- Hand wash:
- Fill a container with warm water and neutral soap or mild detergent specific for delicate garments or wool.
- Immerse the garment in the water and let it soak for 10-15 minutes. Avoid rubbing or twisting the garment, as this may damage the fibers and cause deformation.
- Careful rinsing: Rinse the garment with clean water several times until no detergent residue remains. Be sure not to twist it while rinsing it.
- Dry flat: Place the garment on a clean towel and gently roll the towel to remove excess water. Then, stretch the garment on a flat surface, in block form, to dry. Avoid hanging it, as this may deform it. Tends to shade, prolonged sun exposure can fade colors.
- Proper storage: After washing and drying, store in a clean, dry place. You can spray the garment with our mothproof perfume, gently fold it and place it in a breathable cloth bag.
- Hand wash: