For all needs
Ball of alpaca wool
Alpaca wool balls created for you
Whether you're just starting out in the art of knitting or you've been knitting for several years, Ovillova has everything you need to take your knitting projects to new heights. Check out our catalog and discover the perfect ball of alpaca wool for you!
Sustainable alpaca wool yarn balls
We understand that every project is special and deserves the best materials, that’s why at Ovillova we only offer the highest quality alpaca wool.
In addition, you can consult us at any time so that we can advise you on the most suitable sustainable wool for your needs or provide you with the ideal pattern.
Ovillova's alpaca wool balls
Explore our amazing variety of alpaca wool balls! These high quality yarns, made from the finest natural fibers, will provide you with the opportunity to create unique pieces that are pleasing to the touch. From soft alpaca sweaters to cozy blankets, our alpaca wool balls are perfect for knitting and offer a sense of luxury and comfort in your creations. Our selection of alpaca wool balls has been carefully chosen to offer you a variety of options to suit your needs and tastes. Below you will find a selection of our most popular yarns, including a variety of colors, textures and compositions, so you can choose the one that best suits your next knitting project.
Benefits of alpaca wool for weaving
Alpaca wool is an appreciated material for weaving due to its numerous advantages. This natural fiber is soft, warm, durable and easy to care for, making it an outstanding choice. Alpaca wool is particularly soft and pleasant to the touch, which makes it very comfortable to wear against the skin. In addition, it is a totally natural and sustainable material.
What to do with alpaca wool?
Alpaca wool is a versatile material that can be used to weave a wide range of garments and accessories. From sweaters and scarves to socks and blankets, the possibilities are endless. Even the most daring and experienced can dare to weave bedding such as blankets and cushions.
Origin of alpaca wool
Alpaca wool comes from the alpaca, an animal native to the Peruvian Andes. This mammal produces a natural fiber that is incredibly soft, luxurious and resilient. The use of alpaca wool in your weaving projects not only guarantees a high quality end product, but also contributes to a sustainable economy that supports rural Andean communities.
How to care for your balls of alpaca wool
The care of alpaca wool is essential to preserve its natural beauty and prolong the life of your woven creations. Unlike other wools, alpaca wool requires special attention due to its unique properties. Here are some recommendations:
- Gentle washing: Since alpaca wool is more delicate than others, a gentle hand wash in cold water or at room temperature is recommended. Use a delicate detergent and avoid rubbing or twisting the garment to avoid damaging the fibers.
- Avoid the dryer: Alpaca wool shrinks easily with heat, so it is advisable to avoid the dryer. Let your garments air dry in a horizontal position, and remember that they should not be exposed to direct sunlight, as this may discolor the fibers.
- Careful storage: When you are not using your alpaca wool garments, store them in a cool, dry place, preferably in a cloth bag that allows air circulation. This will prevent the fibers from clumping.
- Moth prevention: Being a natural fiber, alpaca wool can be attractive to moths. Consider using our anti-fly scent, or natural repellents, such as lavender or cedar sachets, to keep your garments protected.
- Give your garments a rest: Although alpaca wool is strong and durable, we recommend that you alternate wearing your garments to allow the fibers to regain their shape and prolong their useful life.
By following these tips, you will be able to enjoy the beauty, softness and warmth of your alpaca wool creations for many years to come.