Purple botanical dyed yarn
- 60% cotton – 40% unbleached linen in its natural color
- 100 gr and 460 meters each unit.
- Light Fingering, recommended needles between 2 – 3.5 mm.
Advantages of cotton with linen
This cotton yarn with linen offers a number of advantages that make it very attractive for use in your knitting projects. Here, we tell you about them:
- Breathability: Both cotton and linen are natural fibers known for their breathability. The combination of both fibers in one yarn provides a woven fabric that allows air circulation, which helps maintain coolness and comfort in hot climates.
- Durability: Cotton and linen are strong and durable fibers. Spinning cotton with linen produces fabrics that are strong and able to withstand daily wear and tear. Garments woven with this type of yarn are less prone to tearing or fraying, making them more durable in the long run.
- Softness: Although linen tends to be stiffer than cotton, the combination of the two is a balanced blend that offers a pleasant and comfortable texture for garments and accessories.
- Moisture wicking: Both cotton and linen have the ability to wick moisture, which helps keep the skin dry by absorbing sweat.
- Appearance and drape: Linen brings a unique texture and natural look to fabrics, while cotton provides a softer, more uniform appearance. The combination of both creates a perfect drape for projects such as shawls, vests, jackets, tops…
Sustainability: Beautiful wool…
…that take care of your health… Synthetic fibers do not allow the skin to breathe and make it irritated, and many of them are petroleum-derived products that have been dyed with dyes containing heavy metals and other toxic substances. Natural fibers, however, allow ventilation of the skin while protecting from the cold and insulating the heat.
… and the environment… Wool, silk and cotton, being natural fibers, are made with more environmentally friendly techniques. They are also 100% biodegradable yarns.
READ ME. Important information:
You should keep in mind that artisanal dyeing is not like industrial dyeing. Batches are small, and the intensity and distribution of colors may vary from one skein to another. If you need the skeins to be from the same dye lot and as similar as possible, please write this in the order notes to take this into account.
It is also important for you to know that colors may look different on each screen and that the mix and distribution of colors you receive may differ from the photo because no two skeins are exactly alike.
In any case, no worries! Because if when you receive the skeins they are not what you expected, we will start the return process without any problem and at no cost to you.
When it comes to washing delicate hand-woven garments, it is important to take extra precautions to maintain their shape and quality, especially if they are woven with hand-dyed yarns.
- Hand wash:
- Fill a container with warm water and neutral soap or mild detergent specific for delicate garments or wool.
- Immerse the garment in the water and let it soak for 10-15 minutes. Avoid rubbing or twisting the garment, as this may damage the fibers and cause deformation.
- Careful rinsing: Rinse the garment with clean water several times until no detergent residue remains. Be sure not to twist it while rinsing it.
- Dry flat: Place the garment on a clean towel and gently roll the towel to remove excess water. Then, stretch the garment on a flat surface, in block form, to dry. Avoid hanging it, as this may deform it. Tends to shade, prolonged sun exposure can fade colors.
- Proper storage: After washing and drying, store in a clean, dry place. You can spray the garment with our perfume for yarn, gently fold it and place it in a breathable cloth bag.
- Hand wash: